Water Station Technology – Review of Business Opportunity
- BizOp or Franchise: BizOp
- Name: (WST) Water Station Technology
- Category: Vending
- Subcategory: Water
- Minimum Investment: $40,000USD
- Net Worth Requirement: N/A
- Work from home: Yes
- Passive investment allowed: Yes
- Financial Assistance: Yes – third party
- Veteran discount: Yes
- Item 19 No (not a franchise)
Overall Rating 99 out of 100
WHAT IS THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THEY OFFER THE CONSUMER?
To the consumer, this BizOP brings clean and purified drinking water to their area. This is a vending business offering an array of water vending machines that use a plumbed source of water that can either purify the water, alkalize it, or desalinize it depending on the machine option you choose. Consumers can buy a unit for their home or visit a bulk-vending location and fill a large container, thus reducing the use of single-serving bottles. Their machines utilize their patent-pending filtration system to purify and mineralize water on-demand for consumers to refill their 1, 3 and 5-gallon containers for consumption.The most recognizable locations for a bulk vending machine like theirs are at your local grocery store. Consumers bring in their refillable container and buy water along with their other groceries.
- Water is the second fastest growing category in grocery stores
- Alkaline water being the fastest segment of all grocery out of thousands of inventory items
- “Sweet Spot” providing Joint Venture Partnership investors long-term growth
WHAT IS THEIR BUSINESS MODEL?
This is a passive investment opportunity; the business model is executed by WaterStation Management, a division of WaterStation Technology. The responsibilities in the model are included in the investment price, there are no hidden fees or additional costs.
Additionally, investors should enter this agreement with the understanding that this is a passive, long-term investment. The decision to partner with specific grocery and convenience stores, as well as the evaluation for placement in specific regions, states and cities are all done with a long-term view in mind. Of course, the foundation of all decisions is to create the greatest returns to investor partners, the greatest value to partner locations, and to enter the best investor/location partnerships for WaterStation Technology: they intentionally put “create the greatest returns to investor partners” as their first priority.
The Business Model is as follows:
- WaterStation Technology secures partner locations (typically grocery or convenience store locations)
– WST’s sales teams are always securing locations to meet demand from investors and to achieve greater market penetration
- Machines are purchased by investor (10, 33, 66 or 100 machines)
- • WaterStation Technology assembles, ships and installs machines
– Machines are all manufactured locally and assembled at WST’s office or off campus warehouses.
- WaterStation Technology maintains machines for life of partnership
– Updates advertisements, changes out filters, collects money, cleans the machines, etc…
- WaterStation Technology sends check to investors and business locations for their share of the revenue on a monthly basis.
- WaterStation Technology moves underperforming machines (definition of underperforming machines will be specified in the contract).
WST partners with Joint Venture investors to deliver a completely passive investment opportunity. Their model, which is described below, allows investors the opportunity to partner with WaterStation Technology in supplying the purist water to consumers throughout the United States. Their investment options are:
Veteran Business Alliance Program (VeBAP)
- 10 machine package = $120,000
Non-Veteran Joint Venture Partnership Investment Program
- 33 machine package = $280,500
- 66 machine package = $561,000
- 100 machine package = $850,000
WHAT DO THEY OFFER THE BUSINESS OWNER?
- Multiple streams of revenues possible
- Third Party Financing available
- Machines have an electronic brain that remotely controls operation, and also monitors and reports via Ethernet or wireless, performance, payment information and alarms
- The most advanced and significant water treatment/filtration technologies in existence
- Option to implement a complete turnkey operation for site selection, site preparation, installation and calibration for each WaterStation™
- Competitively priced web site and social media options to enhance brand recognition
- Training: Two options:
- WST will send a team or individual (Marketing for training and/or Service technician for location survey and installation of WaterStations™). Cost will be Travel and Living costs plus $1,000 per person per day. No time limitation.
- Investor has their employee(s) come to Everett for 4 days of training protocols marketing, sales, proper site selection, installation, filter changes, maintenance of WaterStations™
WHO ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
This is most perfect for the passive investor. You can decide how much time you want to spend. You can keep your current job and still manage this business. You don’t need any vending experience, but you should be motivated and goal-oriented.
At first I though, “Water? How boring!”, but then I dug deeper….
The “Green” factor: Millions of single-serving water bottles are sold every year, but think about what that plastic is doing to our landfills and our environment. There are some universities within the US that have banned single-serving water bottles on their campuses and more and more are joining in on the restriction. It may not be long before state and local government agencies start banning them as well. The need for a pure bottleless bulk-water source will grow rapidly. Talk of California actually running out of water, leads to the desperate desalinization of ocean water.
The “Health” factor: With more and more pollutants in our environment, our water is not getting any better, and plastic bottles are known to leach harmful chemicals into the water. These water stations use up to 7 types of treatments to clean your water, from filtering, carbon cartridges applications, to reverse osmosis and percolation processes. Besides the WST machines that purify water, some also produce alkaline ionized water which is said to more effectively carry nutrients to our cells and flush out waste, by better maintaining the PH levels in our bodies. To find out the benefits or alkaline ionized water, go here.
The “Turn-Key” factor: If you are still working a job, or just don’t want to invest a lot of time into this venture, there are options to greatly reduce your weekly activity. Although it takes little time on a weekly basis to collect the money from the machines and change the filters, a handyman could be hired to do it for you. One option, currently being offered, allows an investor to own a large market territory in a different city from where they live, and have the company manage the day-to-day activities with collecting the money, changing filters, and selling advertising. Just about all you do is collect the checks.
The “Earnings” factor: The company provides a very conservative, yet mind-blowing proforma of earnings potential. No royalty fees are required so more money goes in your pocket because it results in stronger profit margins. There are multiple streams of revenues from over 86 different Vertical Markets, from customers buying the Alkaline water, plus marketing advertising for a second income sector of revenue.
If you are looking for a scalable, low-cost business that you can run while keeping your job, it is worth your while to check out WST.
For more information, contact me today!