Big Frog Custom T-Shirts
- BizOp or Franchise: Franchise
- Name: Big Frog Custom T-Shirts
- Category: Retail
- Subcategory: T-Shirts and other clothing and products
- Cash Investment: $50,000 USD
- Net Worth Requirement: N/A
- Home-based: No
- Passive investment allowed: No
- Item 19: YES
- Financial Assistance: No, but SBA approved
- Veteran discount: Yes
Overall Rating 90 out of 100
WHAT IS THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THEY OFFER THE CONSUMER?
BIG FROG is a unique, light manufacturing concept in a retail environment, specializing in 1-100 high quality custom designed T-shirts, utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
- Buy a Single, High Quality, Indelible, Custom T-shirt for as little as $16
- Take Delivery within 24 hours
- With FREE Professional Design Service
- AND No Minimum Quantities!
- AND No Set-up Fees!
- AND No Color Separation Charges!
- AND No Screen Charges!
- Order by Phone, Internet or in Person!
- 100% Customer Satisfaction!
WHAT IS THEIR BUSINESS MODEL?
Big Frog is a retail store approximately 1200 square feet located in shopping centers anchored by big box retailers.
Direct to garment process uses an ink-jet machine with garment dye that is environmentally friendly. Screenprinting and/or embroidery is offered through a 3rd party arrangement.
WHAT DO THEY OFFER THE BUSINESS OWNER?
- Low Investment
- High Gross Margins (70%)
- Great Hours (M-F 9am to 6pm, Sat 10am-2pm, closed Sunday)
- Minimal Employees (2-3 full and part-time)
- Small Footprint (1000-1200 sq. ft.)
- Designated Territories (about 200,000 people)
- Green Process
- Minimal Selling
- Low Overhead
- Low Inventory (about $6000)
- No Receivables
- Owner-Managed or Semi-absentee Owner
- Assist with site selection and lease negotiation
- Guidance with:–Store planning & design, Recruitment & training, Grand opening planning
- Extensive classroom and field training
- Continual operations support & training
- Easy to use comprehensive operations manual
- State of the art proprietary software
- Purchasing & resourcing
- Access to home office & field staff
- Scheduled support & field visits
- Annual franchisee conventions
WHO ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
Big Frog’s ideal franchisee / candidate has the following attributes:
- Good management skills
- Enjoys having fun
- Willingness to follow a system
- Excellent customer service skills
- Local market orientation
- Networking/Relationship building skills
What the franchise owner does:
- GET THE WORD OUT!
- Participate in Community Events
- Networking Groups and Chamber of Commerce
- Manage Store Web Page and Social Networking (Templates Provided by Big Frog)
- Participate in Big Frog Intranet
- Oversee Store and Employee Operations
Franchise Fee: $39,500
Total investment range: $187,500 – $229,000
Net worth requirement: N/A
Additional fees: national marketing fund 1 ½ %
VetFran program: Yes
SBA Registered: Yes
Any business with a 70+% profit margin is a winner in my book. This is a fairly easy-to-run business with few employees and no real franchise competitors. There are some Mom & Pop shops out there doing this, but with a strong business model and superior support, this franchise has the advantage.
In this day and age, it’s vital to do everything possible to protect the earth, and Big Frog’s ink-jet process uses green/eco-friendly material. The garments also have a nice-feeling wear, unlike screen-printing or transfer products that can be itchy or stiff.
The business hours will give the franchisee quality of life and a work/life balance. Closed on Sunday, short hours on Saturday and no nights during the week is beneficial over other franchises.
All in all, a fun, inexpensive and supportive franchise that I rate 90 out of 100. If you would like more information, please contact me.